What is meant by Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence refers to a person’s ability to perceive, control and evaluate emotions. The way we evaluate emotions is vital for a successful and positive work experience. Emotional intelligence and communication are emerging as critical factors in business success. All organisations face the challenge of responding constructively to the transition and transformation, which the country is currently undergoing. Successful communication between people of diverse racial, religious and social backgrounds is often strikingly low, and this impacts negatively on moral, trust, efficiency and productivity
How would my staff benefit from these courses?
Most managers want to recruit employees who display traits of soft skills which will enable them to interact effectively and harmoniously with other co-workers and clients. Consequently, employees also want to work for an emotionally intelligent manager and are more likely to stay with them during challenging and uncertain times. Employees who are emotionally intelligent are able to manage their stress, communicate and receive feedback in a positive way. These attributes contribute to a more productive employees and the overall working environment.
Why would we choose LifeLine Corporate?
LifeLine Johannesburg is a reputable organisation that has nearly 50 years of training experience in teaching emotional intelligence to different organisations, companies, governments and schools. LifeLine Corporates core specialty focuses on experiential and practical learning to enhance behavioral and cognitive change in the participant. Through this approach the participants are able to practice and integrate the skills taught. Our trained expert facilitators understand human behavior and attitudes thus are able to engage with participants on an individual and group level.
How long has LifeLine been running their corporate courses?
Our corporate division has been in operation for nearly 20 years and many solid relationships with long standing clients including financial services, Manufacturing, government and NGO clients.
Group Size per training group?
In order to ensure all participants receive sufficient individual attention and participate fully in the programme, we train in the following group size:
- Minimum 6-8 participants (1 Facilitator)
- Minimum 9-16 participants (2 facilitators)
This is to ensure optimum learning and opportunity for feedback to allow participants to share and participate openly in the course.
Can we tailor a course to suit our own needs?
YES, most definitely! Before submitting a proposal, we like to have a meeting with the company to ensure we are hearing the current concerns and issues faced to effectively target these concerns. A training needs analysis is conducted as we recognize that each company faces challenges in different stages and business development needs are constantly changing. Our evaluation process aims to identify the gaps and opportunities to help us meet the specific needs of our clients. This is the most important engagement with our clients to ensure the best solution have been brought forward. Upon sending through a proposal, the proposal can also be further tailored to suit your training needs as well as budget requirements
How much does it cost to attend training?
LifeLine Corporate understands that the the needs of each client is unique and thus we place great emphasis in providing customized training solutions to each company at hand. Our prices per person are affordable and are tailored closely to match your budget. Some aspects that affect our pricing include number of participants, location and number of days to be trained. We also offer discounts on larger groups as well. Please contact us for a tailored quote: firstname.lastname@example.org / (011) 728-1331
What is our training Procedure?
- Pre-Course evaluations: In some cases, a few weeks before training, companies will want to perform a pre test on employees. Participants will receive a pre course questionnaire form and will be have to distribute this form to 3 other people namely; a friend/family member, colleague and a team leader or manager. This is to evaluate how they perceive themselves as well how others view them as. There is a mixture of quantitative and qualitative questions.
- Training Days: This will depend entirely on budget and how much time permits delegates to be off the floor for training. This can vary between 1-5 days long. Training days can be consecutive or split weekly apart to allow for assimilation of skills. Each training day will allow for a new set of skills to be learnt
- Wrap up Training day: Some training days will allow for a wrap up session to be held either a month or two after training and this is to check in with participants if there have been any changes in the participants behavior and if participants would like to report on any difficult situations that they have personally experienced with these new skills that they have learnt
- Post Course Evaluation: After wrap up, participants will need to fill in a post course evaluation form to measure whether there had been any changes in behavior or change in attitude shift. In measure reliability, its best to ask the same candidates that filled in their forms in the beginning to fill it in again. Questions are again a mixture of quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Mentoring/coaching after training: We also provide further mentoring and coaching sessions for employees and managers that want to work 1:1 for the trainer to highlight any issues or problems that they may face in the workplace and how to resolve these issues constructively through goal setting.
- Training Report and participant Feedback: At the end of training, we will provide a training report to report back on general themes and outlines that occurred during training as well as participant’s personal impressions of the training. Please note, no individual feedback will be provided and it will only be a general overview to protect confidentiality of the participants.
Do you have a training venue?
YES! We have a great venue at LifeLine Johannesburg that you may rent for training. Please contact us to enquire about our venue hire rates and hall availability. We are located in Norwood, Johannesburg. However we will most certainly train at our clients’ chosen venue as well as offsite at different cities around South Africa. As our training is highly experiential with lots of practical exercises, we require a large open venues with no fixed obstructions and movable chairs.
What is our training approach?
- All our training’s is based on the Life Line’s philosophy of empowerment, self actualization, acceptance and respect of each participant
- Training is experiential, participative and focuses on attitude shift and hands on practice of skills learnt
- Theory is provided for deeper understanding in both during the training and in the form of notes and manuals for participants
- Trainers are all experience Life Liners who have facilitated internal training courses before undergoing further corporate training courses
- Adult learning principles on facilitation are cornerstones of our training approach
- All training’s include a “talking to” approach rather than a “talking at” approach. This includes large group discussions, smaller group discussions in breakaway rooms, role plays with real work challenges, case studies, worksheets and forward planning.
How long does the course take?
The course length varies, depending on the topic of the course you choose. These course range between 1-5 days which we can run on consecutive days or split as required.
Who are our trainers?
As part of our LifeLine ethos, trainers are recruited internally to ensure the same quality and high standard of professionalism is delivered throughout training. Thus, participants need to have completed the following:
- A 4 month personal growth and counselling course
- Accepted for Internship whereby they will assist with telephonic and Face to face counselling
- Accepted to facilitate the personal growth and counselling course
- Accepted to train for LifeLine Corporate
All trainers attend internal debriefings and supervision and this is closely monitored to ensure the quality of our training is never compromised. We also ensure to keep abreast with developments in the industry and keep us in sync with best practices.
What is an Employee Wellness Service?
Our Employee Wellness Service assists in managing troubled/difficult employees and ensuring business success. We offer telephone and face-to-face counselling, trauma debriefing and monitor referrals. Please contact our EWS co-ordinator on 011 728 1331 or email email@example.com also refer to our EWS page http://lifelinecorporatetraining.co.za/employee-wellness-service/