For most people conflict in the work place or home leaves them feeling frustrated, unheard, saddened and results in lose-lose outcomes, loss of productivity and staff turnover. This workshop will focus on your own styles of communication, builds effective listening and response and build skills to see the “big picture” in conflict management.
-To enhance effective communication, listening and conflict resolution
-To understand assertiveness blocks and provide development opportunities
Who should attend this course?
Any person wanting to improve their interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for win-win solutions this is the training for you. You will become a master of interpersonal communication skills, develop insight into your current conflict management style and learn to develop an assertive communication style to manage conflict situations. Through the examination of assertiveness issues – contrasted with aggression and submission and passive aggressive responses, you will be able to transfer the knowledge into the workplace and at home making you a more efficient employee, better manager and create stronger interpersonal relationships.
By the end of this training programme you will
- Listen more effectively
- Identify personal blocks to listening
- Convey the message heard accurately (factual and emotional content)
- Understand differences between assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviour and their effects
- Practice assertive behaviour
- Work with the conflict management model
- Manage conflict situations constructively
- Have more insight into your own interactive style and its effect
- Experience group bonding and support
What our clients say
- “I learnt how to be more effective, not to be judgemental, to be respectful, to maintain confidentiality and to be brave”
- “I have learnt a lot and I’m going to share it with my family and community. I’m grateful for the opportunity”
- “They were valuable because you get to hear challenging experiences of other people and to not judge them but to see things from their point of view”
- “This course was valuable in its practical application – I really understand what is required of me to be more assertive”